It all started with a lead from my previous broker (before Give Realty). Jeannie and David purchased a home in Dripping Springs and in the process I was introduced to their parents. Marian and Richard decided to sell their family home in July of 2009 and donated $5,000 to 3 nonprofits. When their grandson relocated from Houston to Austin earlier this year, Dave and Kelsey called me to help them find their Austin home and $1,949.25 was donated to Camp for All.
Dave and Kathy attend church with Marian and Richard and called me to help them sell their homes and purchase a new one. That resulted in Dave and Kathy giving over $6,500 in donations. Dave’s parents, Joan and Jim, sold their family home in Rollingwood and donated $5,500 to causes they care about.
It all started with one client. Because of David and Jeannie, their family has given almost $7,000 to the nonprofit community and another family has given over $12,000. Pretty amazing stuff.
This has been a great quarter for donations! Thanks to our clients, we were able to donate a total of $30,436 this quarter, bringing our total donations since our founding to 258,280.55, and exceeding the exciting milestone of $250,000 in donations!
We thought it would be nice to take a look back at all the donations we have made on behalf of our clients since the beginning of April.
- $4,854.00 Donated to CASA of Travis County on Behalf of Hugh McGowan and Julie Warner. This donation provided a CASA advocate for a year to three children who have experienced abuse or neglect.
- $1,238.00 donated to Planned Parenthood on behalf of Becca Roberts.
- $1,566.00 donated to Foster Angels on behalf of Jason and Kendall Clark.
- $694.00 donated to Animal Trustees of Austin on behalf of Mary Hill. This donation provided for 69 rabies vaccinations or 23 cat neuters or 12 dog spays or 2 lifesaving heartworm treatments.
- $694.00 donated to Meals on Wheels and More on behalf of Mary Hill. This donation provided for 283 meals to be delivered to the homebound.
- $2,512.50 donated to Emancipet on behalf of Farzaneh Pourabdi. This donation was part of an Emancipet challenge grant and, as such, was matched by Mr. James Armstrong & Mr. Larry Connelly.
- $5,150.00 donated to The Care Communities on behalf of Kim, Tommy, and Carol Johnson.
- $782.00 donated to SafePlace on behalf of Denise Irizarry. This donation provided 3 days of operating costs for the school that the children of domestic violence victims attend while at SafePlace.
- $2,237.50 donated to The Care Communities on behalf of Kim and Carol Johnson
- $1,949.25 donated to Camp For All on behalf of Dave and Kelsey Campbell. This donation will send 4 children to camp.
- $1,248.75 donated to the food pantry at St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church on behalf of Dave Johnson & Kathy Raesz. This donation provided for 2 semi-monthly food pantry orders, each consisting of 30 loaves of bread, 30 gallons of milk, 30 dozen eggs and around 35 cases of canned foods.
- $1,120.00 donated to Austin Pets Alive! on behalf of Ashleigh and Jeremy Tolliver. This donation provided basic care – spay/neuter (if the animal hasn’t been already), microchip, vaccinations, and any other basic medical care they might need like a basic wellness exam, medication for a cold, etc. – for 11 animals.
- $950.00 donated to St. Louise House on behalf of Esther Zacarias in memory of Dr. Joe Zacarias. This donation provided all the care needed (food, shelter clothing, counseling, career placement) for 30 days for a client and her children.
- $1,440 Donation to ATX Winterguard on Behalf of Michael Vazquez and Judy Easton and in honor of Helen Vasquez.
- $2,000 Donated to the Central Presbyterian Church on Behalf of Kim and Carol Johnson, in honor of Jim Lancaster, and in memory of Rose Lancaster.
- $2,000 donated to Dell Children’s Medical Center Foundation on behalf of the Brindley Family.
We will continue to bring you quarterly donation recaps throughout the year. Look for the next one in September!
It’s been an exciting and busy week here at Give Realty. In the past week we have made four donations, helping us to achieve three different milestones in the process.
First, we donated $782.00 to SafePlace on behalf of Denise Irizarry. Not only did this donation provide 3 days of operating costs for the school that the children of domestic violence victims attend while at SafePlace, but it helped us reach two exciting milestones. With this donation, SafePlace became the nonprofit to receive the most charitable donations from our clients – $9,573.90 over the past five years.
This donation also represents the first transaction and donation for agent Sarka Mraz, the newest addition to the Give Realty Team. Congratulations Sarka! From what we hear, making this donation and touring SafePlace was a very special experience for Sarka – but we will let her tell you all about it herself in a few weeks.
Donations two and three consisted of $2,237.50 to The Care Communities on behalf of Kim and Carol Johnson and $1,949.25 to Camp For All on behalf of Dave and Kelsey Campbell.
Our final donation in the past week was $1,248. 75 donated to the food pantry at St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church, on behalf of Dave Johnson & Kathy Raesz. This donation provided for 2 semi-monthly food pantry orders, each consisting of 30 loaves of bread, 30 gallons of milk, 30 dozen eggs and around 35 cases of canned foods. It also helped us to reach a third milestone.
With this donation, Give Realty exceeded the very exciting milestone of $250,000 in total donations made to nonprofits on behalf of our clients since our founding in July of 2008!
To say that this has been a wonderful week for all of us would be an understatement. We want to thank each and every person who helped make these milestones possible – we couldn’t have done it without you! We also want to let you know that we are just gearing up; look for many more donations and milestones in our future.
Camp For All is a unique camping and retreat facility that works in collaboration with other non-profits to provide life changing programs for children and adults with challenging illnesses and special needs. Campers of all ages and abilities gain self-confidence and independence while having fun, learning new skills and bonding with others who share their challenges in a safe and understanding environment.
This donation will send 4 children to camp.